Eliminate Dental Problems With a Tooth Extraction in Boynton Beach
Unlike cosmetic dental treatments that improve your smile’s appearance, few people probably look forward to getting a tooth removed. Yet a tooth extraction may be the best way to get you out of pain and return you to good dental health. There’s no need to be nervous about a tooth extraction procedure in our Boynton Beach, FL dentist office!Dr. Rosenblatt on Tooth Extractions Read Transcript
If somebody's coming in and they have a toothache, we can extract the tooth, get them out of pain. What we can do when we extract a tooth is we can either get it ready—depending on what situation they're in, we could either try to replace that tooth, we could either try to get it ready for an implant, or sometimes you can place an implant the same visit, or we can try to prep it for a bridge.
If somebody has a toothache and a tooth isn't fixable, which happens, you have to extract it. Then we can think ahead, try to work and think of a plan to replace the missing tooth. If you're missing teeth, the other teeth can start to shift and you have other problems, you get gum problems or decay on the adjacent teeth. The best thing is to—we can figure a plan, come back in for a comprehensive plan, and we can figure out what the best way to replace the missing tooth would be.
Your extraction will go well, thanks to:
- An experienced dentist. Dr. Hugh Rosenblatt has performed countless extractions in his 20-plus years of practicing dentistry.
- Top dental technology. We plan your procedure using tools like a high-resolution CT scanner, which provides detailed 3D images of your teeth and underlying facial structure. The best way to prevent potential complications is to identify them before your procedure starts.
- Two sedation options. Choose either inhaled sedation (“laughing gas”) or an oral sedative to remain relaxed during your extraction.
Got a tooth that’s giving you trouble? Call Hugh B. Rosenblatt, DMD, PA at (561) 737-8559.
Stay Comfortable During Your Extraction
As with any procedure, we want you to remain comfortable throughout your tooth removal. If you’re anxious, you can get one of two types of dental sedation: inhaled sedation (“laughing gas”) or an oral sedative. Our caring staff will help you determine which one will work best for you.
You’ll feel less nervous with these comfort amenities:
- TVs or music in our operatories to distract you while we work
- An eye mask to block harsh light and other unwelcome sights
- A pillow and blanket to stay cozy during treatment
You May Need an Extraction With One of These Conditions
Dr. Rosenblatt can often save damaged teeth with treatments like a dental crown or root canal. However, sometimes the damage is so extensive a tooth must be removed. He also sometimes removes teeth to prepare you for treatments like dentures. Some common reasons for tooth removal include:
- Gum disease
- Severe tooth decay
- A badly broken tooth